It’s apple season here in Michigan and last weekend husband bought some apples from the Farmers Market and a couple of them were still sitting in the fridge waiting to be used so I decided to make this spiced apple crumble with them!
SPICED APPLE CRUMBLE
- 4 apples (pick a sweet variety like Honeycrisp)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cupcoconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cupraw honey (make sure it's runny) or maple syrup
- 1 tspvanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Fresh lemon juice (about 1 TBS)
- Filtered water
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- In a mixing bowl add almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and sea salt, and mix.
- In another mixing bowl add in coconut oil, honey/maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add coconut oil mixture to almond flour mix and stir to combine. Set aside.
- If using a cast iron skillet, add 1 TBS coconut oil to the skillet and place in the oven to heat up for 5-10 mins.
- While skillet is heating add filtered water to a separate mixing bowl and add in some lemon juice.
- Core, peel and slice apples into wedges (place in the lemon water as you go to stop browning).
- Once all apples are done carefully remove skillet from oven.
- Drain and rinse the apples well and pat dry.
- Place apples at the bottom of the skillet.
- With your hands add the crumble mixture set aside all over the top of the apples.
- Add the sliced almonds all over the top.
- Cover top of skillet with foil. Bake for 45-50 mins.
- Carefully remove from oven, take off the foil and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- *if using a baking dish just skip steps 5 and 8.
If you would like to share my recipes or photos, please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog or website. Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. nazkovacs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.