Hungarian cucumber salad or Uborkasálata is a simple and refreshing cucumber salad and it is one of my husband’s favourites. Since our recent trip to Budapest I have been making more Hungarian recipes at home and will be sharing them over time here with you. This cucumber salad has 8 ingredients, 2 of those are optional so you can see it really is a simple. This simple cucumber salad can also be kept covered in the fridge for a few days to enjoy.
HUNGARIAN CUCUMBER SALAD (UBORKASALÁTA)
- Place cucumbers into a mixing bowl and sprinkle on ½ tsp of sea salt and mix.
- Cover and set aside for an hour.
- Rinse cucumbers with filtered water and strain .
- Place back into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl add in the filtered water, white wine vinegar, raw honey, ½ tsp of sea Salt and the paprika.
- Use a whisk to mix everything together.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber.
- Let sit for an hour before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top if you like!
If you would like to share my recipes or photos, please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog or website. Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. nazkovacs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.